Impaxs Marketing deals with information privacy in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) as set out in the Privacy Act. Impaxs Marketing also complies with the Spam Act 2003 (Cth) which imposes restrictions on sending emails and other types of commercial electronic messages.
Collection of personal information
The information that Impaxs Marketing collects may include:
- dates of birth;
- job title;
- contact information, including email addresses and telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as postcodes, preferences and interests;
- financial information such as debit and credit card numbers;
- information about your business or personal affairs;
- information about your website needs;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- operating system (automatically collected);
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
- other information relevant to client surveys and/or promotions; and
- any other information requested on this Website or otherwise required by Impaxs Marketing or provided by you.
Information Impaxs Marketing collects from you if you make a payment using this Website
If you make a payment using this Website, Impaxs Marketing collects your full name, your payment number (or Invoice) and payment particulars including credit and debit card number. Impaxs Marketing will only use your card details for processing your payment via Impaxs Marketing’s payment partner.
How Impaxs Marketing collects personal information
Impaxs Marketing collects personal information by various means including when:
- you contact Impaxs Marketing;
- you subscribe with Impaxs Marketing;
- you provide your email address to access a download or other document provided by Impaxs Marketing electronically;
- you visit Impaxs Marketing’ website.
Where practicable, Impaxs Marketing collects personal information about you directly from you. However, Impaxs Marketing may collect information about you from a third party such as:
- from third party companies such as credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and government entities;
- your representatives (lawyers, accountants and financial advisers);
- your employer or previous employers;
- a person responding to our questions or inquiries;
- existing customers where they tell us you are interested in our products and services;
- publicly available sources of information or any other organisations where you have given your consent.
If you do not wish to provide personal information to us when using our Website, then you do not have to do so, however, it may affect your use of the Website or any products and services offered on it.
What happens if we cannot collect your personal information?
If you do not provide Impaxs Marketing with your personal information described above, or if the personal information you provide is inaccurate, some or all of the following may happen:
- Impaxs Marketing may not be able to provide the requested products or services to you;
- Impaxs Marketing may not be able to provide you with relevant information about our products and services;
- Impaxs Marketing may be unable to tailor the content of our Website to your preferences and your experience of our Website may not be as enjoyable or useful.
Use of personal information
Impaxs Marketing will only use your personal information for the purpose Impaxs Marketing collects it, including:
- to provide information, products and services to you;
- to respond to your queries for legal services;
- to better understand your needs, enabling Impaxs Marketing to improve its products and services;
- for internal record keeping;
- to circulate promotional emails about new products and services, special offers or other information which Impaxs Marketing thinks you may find interesting;
- direct marketing; and
- to customise Impaxs Marketing’s Website and product and service offerings according to your interests and business and personal needs.
- Impaxs Marketing may contact you by a variety of measures including by telephone, email, sms or mail.
- Impaxs Marketing will retain your information for a reasonable period as long as the law requires.
Controlling your personal information
You may request details of personal information that Impaxs Marketing holds about you in accordance with the Privacy Act. If you would like a copy of the information which Impaxs Marketing holds about you, please contact Impaxs Marketing using the contact details below. Impaxs Marketing reserves the right to refuse to provide you with information that Impaxs Marketing holds about you, in certain circumstances as set out in the Privacy Act.
If you believe that any information Impaxs Marketing holds on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact Impaxs Marketing using the contact details below. Impaxs Marketing relies in part upon its clients advising Impaxs Marketing when their personal information changes. Impaxs Marketing will respond to any request within a reasonable time and will endeavour to promptly correct any information found to be incorrect so that the information is accurate, up to date, complete, relevant and not misleading.
To unsubscribe from Impaxs Marketing’s e-mail database, or to opt out of Impaxs Marketing’ communications, please use the opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications or contact Impaxs Marketing using the contact details below.
Disclosure of personal information
Impaxs Marketing may disclose personal information:
- for the purpose of providing information, products and services to its clients;
- to credit reporting agencies and courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities where clients fail to pay for goods or services provided by Impaxs Marketing to them;
- to courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities, and law enforcement officers as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend Impaxs Marketing’s legal rights;
- to one or more of Impaxs Marketing’s consultants, for the purposes of providing information, products and services to you; and
- to third parties, including agents, referral partners, contractors and sub-contractors for the purposes of providing information, products and services to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia.
By providing Impaxs Marketing with personal information, you consent to this disclosure.
We may disclose your personal information to our employees, contractors and our service providers including our web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, debt collectors and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants; suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes.
If there is a change of control of Impaxs Marketing’s business or a sale or transfer of business assets, Impaxs Marketing reserves the right to transfer, to the extent permissible at law, Impaxs Marketing’s user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may also be disclosed to a potential purchaser, in good faith and where Impaxs Marketing has sought to maintain confidentiality.
Impaxs Marketing is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure.
Impaxs Marketing takes reasonable physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. For example, Impaxs Marketing:
- maintains its files in a secure location;
- has strict password protocols to protect access to electronic documents;
- stores electronic data on reputable third-party storage providers with appropriate security protections against unauthorised access to data; and
- protects devices that it uses to collect, store and access personal information with industry-standard antivirus and malware software.
As Impaxs Marketing’s Website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, Impaxs Marketing cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. Impaxs Marketing also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
When you use this Website, Impaxs Marketing may collect information about your computer, such as your IP address and/or browser. This information will not usually identify you personally. Impaxs Marketing does this by placing a ‘cookie’, on your computer’s hard disk. A cookie does not give Impaxs Marketing access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you provide to Impaxs Marketing. Cookies enable Impaxs Marketing to analyse information about webpage traffic and improve Impaxs Marketing’s Website by tailoring it to your needs, enabling Impaxs Marketing to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. Impaxs Marketing uses this information for administration and statistical analysis purposes only, following which the data is removed from the system.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. This may, however, prevent you from taking full advantage of Impaxs Marketing’s Website.
Impaxs Marketing may also use web beacons on its Website from time to time. Web beacons or clear .gifs are small pieces of code placed on a webpage to monitor behaviour and collect data about the visitors viewing a webpage. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a webpage or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
Links to websites
If you believe that Impaxs Marketing has breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint about that breach, then please email Impaxs Marketing using the contact details below, setting out the details of the alleged breach. Impaxs Marketing will promptly investigate your complaint and will endeavour to respond to you in writing within 30 days setting out the outcome of Impaxs Marketing’s investigation, what steps Impaxs Marketing proposes to take to remedy the alleged breach and any other action Impaxs Marketing has and will take to deal with your complaint.
If your complaint cannot be resolved satisfactorily within 30 days of receipt of the complaint and there is no timely prospect of the complaint being resolved, you may submit your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner using the information available at http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints
Impaxs Marketing’s Contact Details
All comments, queries and requests relating to the use of your information should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
last updated November 24, 2021, 10:30am